Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Kill V. Maim
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

» James Serpantine
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:48 pm by Amber Flint

» Dont stare too long (Open)
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:41 am by Skylar Ragland

» Quite the mess (Cameron)
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:36 pm by Mackenzie Riddle

» What Will We Find? (Lacey)
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:23 pm by Lacey Ackerman

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Share | 

Dont stare too long (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 am

Skylar walked down the streets of Diagon Alley with one thing in mind. Liquor. Alcohol. She opened the door to the leaky cauldron and sat at the bar smiling at Tom, the Barkeep. She ordered herself a dragon whiskey, the next level of whiskey after fireball and 2 times as strong. She sipped it and smiled as the burning liquid went down her throat. She felt a pair of eyes on her and after a while she spun around in her seat to catch the person who said eyes belonged to in the act of staring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:25 pm

William had been in the Leaky Cauldron since it opened it's doors that morning, like many others in what he could remember of recent memory. Through his recent troubles William had only found solace in the peace that being drunk afforded him. When he had entered the pub that morning he had handed Tom a sack of Galleons and told him to keep the drinks coming. Between the Mulled Mead that kept appearing and the bottles of Firewhisky William worked his way through the world around him had become a little hazy and he was staring off into the distance. He had become oblivious of the people around him until a blonde woman turned to look at him as he had been staring through her. "Can I help you?" he asked in a slurred sarcastic tone with a chuckle as he downed a shot of Firewhisky in one go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Skylark raised an eyebrow as the man asked if he could help her. His voice was slurred and it was obvious he was highly intoxicated. She rolled her eyes and continued to stare at him as she cocked her head to the side “you were the one staring. So I should be asking you that. Can I help you?” She asked pointedly, a bit of venom in her voice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 am

Hearing his question being returned by the stranger William smirked and ran his hand through his gelled hair. "What? Now a guy cannae stare into space? What's the World comin' to?". His breath was so bad with the smell of alcohol William could feel a slight burning sensation in his nostrils before he took a rather large gulp of his Mead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 am

“Stare into space all you want. Just not in my direction. I hate feeling like others are staring” she said as she turned back to her own drink. This guy was gonna drink until he passed out. Skylar was calling it now. And he appeared to be half way there. She finished her drink before nodding at the bar tender for another “make it a double this time. I’m not working tonight”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 am

William grabbed the bottle of Firewhisky sat infront of him and attempted to steady himself before standing up with his free hand holding onto the table for support. After he thought he had found his feet the Scot staggered across the floor and up to the bar and bumped into a man walking by him. When he made it to the safety of the bar William took a couple of attempts but rested himself on a stool ”You know, if I wanted to make you feel uncomfortable I could stare at you all day...” William reaches for a napkin off the bar and wiped away a bit of drool that had escaped his mouth ”Tom, that’s on me” He said slowly as the woman ordered her drink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Skylar groaned inwardly as the drunken fool approached her. She did not want to have to deal with this “and if you did, I’m sure many women would be endeared. Or think it was about them. I think you’re just to drunk to focus your damn eyes.” She said before frowning when he paid for the drink. But she had manners and thanked him none the less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

”HA! You might have a point there!” William agreed with the woman as she made her point about how drunk he was. The Scot extended his slightly shaking hand as he looked into the woman’s eyes with a drunken smile plastered across his face. ”Sorry, the names William!” This has been the longest William had been in contact with someone else in quite a while, he had gotten used to being ignored by everyone in his drunken state
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Skylar felt a bit of pride when he agreed with her statement. Not that it mattered much considering who was agreeing with her. She shook his hand and put a polite smile on her face "Skylar Ragland." She said taking her hand back and taking a sip from her drink "So why are you drinking here alone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:50 am

As Skylar told him her name William tried to make sure he would remember it. He had no idea why someone would sit beside him and talk to him. ”loveley name, hen.” he slurred as his thick Scottish accent weighed heavily on his words. The question he had been asked knocked William a little. His mind instantly drifted off to think about his wife and the harsh pain that drove him to drink, something he had been unable to talk about for the couple of months since the incident. ”Well... I-I. My...” He paused as his eyes started to fill up with tears and he reached into the right hand pocket of his jacket to hold his wedding band. Feeling the love and strength from his wife William looked at the ground and continued ”I just don’t have anyone to drink with anymore...”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Skylar noticed his accent and smiled a bit, "I enjoy your accent. Its very... charming." She said with a smile. She was surprised he had not noticed her own accent yet. She was from Austria, and her accent was very prominent. She frowned a bit when he got choked up and noticed the wedding band he pulled out "Did she leave you or...?" She asked, not trying to sound rude. But she didnt know what had happened and she wanted to know. She slowly reached out and placed her hand on his trying her best to comfort him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 pm

William flashed a quick smile at Skylar as she commented on his accent "Yours sounds interesting. German? Austrian?" he asked unsure and slightly dismisive of the difference between the two. The Scot let out a long sigh as he registered the question regarding the ring he held in his hand. He hadn't really mentioned anything about his wife to anyone, ever since the night he had found her body he had kept all of his emotions burried largely in part due to the lack of interaction with others. He tried to compose himself as he felt Skylar's hand on his before replying "Sh-she was taken from me...". As the words left his mouth William felt tears begin to roll down his cheeks and he began sobbing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 pm

“Yes. Austrian” She said with a smile. When he said his wife had been taken she frowned and was in even more shock when he began to cry. He game Tom a look and he nodded at her tossing her a pair of keys. She got William to his feet and helped him up the stairs as she lead him to a room. She made sure to grab his fire whiskey as well. When she reached the room she unlocked the door and lead him to the bed and sat him down. She kneeled in front of him, holding his hands and looked up into his face “why don’t you tell me all about it”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:20 pm

As he was helped to one of the rooms up the stairs by Skylar William continued to cry at the thought of his wife. She had been the shining light in his life that had saved him from the darkness before, but William felt even less hope about pulling through this situation than he did when his brother passed. As he sat on the bed William looked into Skylar's eyes as the tears continued to pour from his eyes. Feeling his hands being held William pulled one away and grabbed the bottle of Firewhiskey that Skylar had brought from down stairs and took a large swig from the bottle "She... She was killed..." William told her as he started wailing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Skylar tightened her grip on his one hand and nodded "Do you know how? Or by who?" She asked. She worked in Azkaban, maybe she had met the person who killed his wife before. Skylar had two jobs at Azkaban, she was a healer. Both mentally and physically. She was what the muggles called a Doctor and a Psychiatrist. She did not like seeing William upset, despite having just met him. He seemed like a good person and he did not deserve this pain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 pm

As he felt the strengthened grip on his hand William began to shake slightly as the grief and pain he was feeling allowed a slight build of rage as he closed his eyes and saw the image stuck in his brain of that night, and the limited look he got of the killer. He took a pause as he tried to think about his words "Killing Curse, he shot it at me too..." William felt his body go numb, he took another mouthful of Firewhiskey before continuing "All I saw was long hair and bright blue eyes with a scar over the right eye." The Scot placed the bottle on the ground before covering his eyes with his now free hand and tried to wipe away the tears that were still falling from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 am

Skylar nodded and listened to him "Im so sorry that happened to you. Ive never seen someone who matches that description at work. But I will keep an eye out, to try and help." She got off the floor and sat on the bed, wrapping an arm around him to give him a side hug. She didnt know if it was what he needed, but she wanted to be there for him. She just kept her arms around him, and planned to stay that way, until he told her to do other wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 am

William found it hard not to smile as he knew Skylar was trying to help him unlike the many others he had apparently bothered over the past months. ”you’re so kind Skylar. But why would you be seeing scum like that at work?” He asked unsure what she done for a living. As he felt the gentle side hug from his new aquantence William smiled as he rested his head on her shoulder before he whispered ”Thank you” as he enjoyed the touch of another person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 am

"I see quite alot of scum in my work place. Im a healer. I work for Azkaban." She said softly. She didnt tell many people about her job or where she worked. It scared most people that she could calmly work in a place infested with the wizarding worlds worst criminals. When he thanked her she smiled and pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head "Dont you worry about a thing. You can stay here if youd like. Tom gives me the room for free each night. I tend to draw some business to his bar." She said biting her lower lip. Men tended to flock to Skylar, and she figured why not use that to help a friend in exchange for shelter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 am

Williams eyes widened as he learned about Skyler’s job ”Well I hope you done see this guy unless it’s me who puts him away He said with a bit of anger in his voice. Other than constantly feeling the pain of losing his wife Williams other main thought swirling around inside his head was revenge, wanting to become an auror to find him and make sure he faces justice. The Scots face scrunched up as Skylar told him about how she brought a lot of business to the pub. He let out a quiet chuckle ”So, do all those men get to see the inside of your bedroom too?” He joked as he cracked a small smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:56 pm

"I hope it is you as well. I just hope I dont ever see you in there for murdering the guy. I would hate to see a face like yours locked away for life." She said before realizing what she said "Im sorry. That was incredibly inappropriate, considering our topic of discussion." She rubbed her arms slowly before looking up at his question and laughed a bit "No they do not. The most they get is to buy me a drink and hope they could be where you are now. But alas, it never happens."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 pm

William smirked as Skylar told him that she wouldn't like to see him in prison, he only saw it as her trying to look after him. "No, don't worry about it. It's not inappropriate. You're too kind." He smiled at Skyler as he looked her in the eyes. Her laugh filled William with a bit of joy, it seemed as though she was being very genuine with him. The reply to his question got a light chuckle as he bantered back "Well, aren't I a lucky guy then." with a wink and the biggest smile he had worn in such a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 pm

She laughed and shook her head “you are quite lucky. But that doesn’t mean you will be getting lucky” she said with a smirk as she summoned a house elf and ordered two sandwiches and some chips. She was hungry and she knew she needed to eat, as would he. She lied back on the bed with her head deep into the pillows. “If you want to lie down you can. Sitting up after drinking so much must make your head hurt”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:50 pm

A deep chuckle erupted from within the Scot after Skylers comment "Who says thats even what I'm after hen?" William smiled as he heard the woman order some food and he licked his lips as he hadn't had any food over the last few days. As she laid back and said to William he was welcome to join her so he did. Lying back his arm was squished up against Skylers "Nah, hangovers don't really kick in until I get a sleep." He said as he turned his head to look at the woman lying next to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skylar Ragland
Azkaban Staff
Azkaban Staff

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Skylar smiled as he lied down and looks over at him. She found herself getting lost in his eyes which kind of scared her a bit. She didn’t know what it meant, if it meant anything at all. She giggled as he was squished up to her on the smal bed. “You know, I never said it was what you were after. Just drawing from past experience. But then again, not all men are the same.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont stare too long (Open)    

Back to top Go down

Dont stare too long (Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next