Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

What Will We Find? (Lacey)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humphrey Williams
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Humphrey Williams

What Will We Find? (Lacey) Empty
PostSubject: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Humphrey was really excited for today, and he'd rushed down to breakfast, quickly gobbling a meal down before heading up towards the seventh floor. Going to the Come and Go Room was always interesting, but this would be his first time doing it with somebody else. He'd told Casey about it, but she had said that she wanted to find out its secrets on her own so he left it at that. Since it was her first time using it, Humphrey planned on letting Lacey do the honors of deciding what it would be inside. Leaning against the wall by the silly painting, he began to munch on a biscuit he'd brought up with him. "This is going to be a really fun day, I just know it." he said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Ackerman
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Lacey Ackerman

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am

Adventure! That was the first thing that came to Lacey's mind when she awoke and dressed for the day. Not only had she made a new friend yesterday, but today, he was going to take her on an adventure! It was going to be amazing, she just knew it! Quickly eating her breakfast, Lacey and Shinra headed to the seventh floor in search for the painting Humphrey had mentioned the day before. Munching on a toast triangle as they climbed the final steps bringing them to the seventh floor, Lacey felt the butterflies of excitement begin to flutter in her stomach. She had no idea what was in store for them, and she didn't care!

Hearing Shinra give his whine of recognition, Lacey laughed. "Go on, then," she mused. Lucky for her, there wasn't anyone else in the hall that would hinder her getting to her friend. Granted, if there had been, her white companion wouldn't have asked to run ahead. Shinra took off down the hall, seeing Humphrey waiting for them. Giving a happy bark, the dog slowed his run to a trot, tail wagging in greeting. Laughing at the resonating bark from her dog as she received one last instruction from a lady sitting by the fire stitching a blanket, Lacey took her time, allowing her fingers to follow the wall to both her friends. "Good morning, Humphrey! Shinra bet me he could find you first," the blonde said playfully, "Hope you weren't waiting long."
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am

Humphrey smiled widely when he spotted Shinra with Lacey following behind heading his way. Getting down lower to the ground, he gave Shinra a good petting in greeting while Lacey closed the gap between them. Upon hearing that she'd bet her dog he couldn't help chuckling a little. "I hope you didn't bet anything too valuable. You should know better than to bet against a smart dog like this one by now." he told her teasingly. The comment about him hoping he hadn't waited long he brushed aside. "Nonsense, I was just excited and rushed through lunch to get up here, you're right on time I assure you." he told her.

Standing up, he stretched and heard a small pop in his lower back before he turned to the wall. "Alright, so today we are going to explore what the elves call the come and go room, and what I'm sure probably has other names as well but that's the one I'm familiar with since they told me about it. What it does is pretty simple, how it does it is something of a Hogwarts wonder. Basically, if you think of a place, any place, the room will turn into that place for you. Limitations are the basic laws of transfiguration, but other than that it can do pretty much anything. I'll let you try first. Just walk in front of the wall, thinking about what you want it to be, and I'll tell you if a door appears. Sound good?" Humphrey asked her, hoping she wouldn't have trouble with this. He doubted it, but some people just couldn't get it to work even if told how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Ackerman
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Lacey Ackerman

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 pm

"Just my dessert at dinner tonight," Lacey replied with a giggle in regards to what she bet her dog. She was pleased to hear that they hadn't kept Humphrey waiting long. She didn't know how fast he would have found this location, but it was sure to have been faster than her. Regardless, it didn't matter now!

"The come and go room?" the blonde muttered with confusion, furrowing her brow slightly. In all her readings, she hadn't read anything about such a room. Maybe she had read about it someplace but under a different name. Her jaw went slightly slack when the Hufflepuff explained what the room did. Anything.... She could think of anyplace and this room could make it appear! "O-okay. Let's give it a go," Lacey replied, a little nervously. Did it matter that she had never seen anything? Would the room's magic work with just her thoughts of what a place was like even if she didn't know what the thought physically looked like? She didn't care! Lacey was going to give it her best! Taking a few timid steps forward, she let her fingers touch the wall, almost reverently before she took a couple steps back. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly as she closed her eyes...

Keeping her mind blank, Lacey didn't really know what she wanted the room to be. But then, the perfect place came to her. It was a setting out of a story she read a few months back. Not really knowing what the room needed from her, she thought of the words from the passage about the scene. A meadow of dancing grass as twilight.... Glowing lights of fireflies and fairies alike.... Twinkling stars in an inky sky with just the moon as their companion.... A gentle breeze making the blades of grass dance.... Lacey had never seen these things, any of them, but she hoped that the words might be enough to get the magic to work. "Is, uh.... Is it working?" Lacey asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Humphrey couldn't help chuckling at the image of Lacey feeding her dog dessert flashed through his mind. "Well, I suppose that doesn't hurt anything so long as there's no chocolate. Do you make a habit of conning your girl out of desserts, Shinra?" he asked suspiciously, raising his eyebrow at the dog. He knew that it was more just Lacey's way of spoiling him for all that he did, but he could give the dog a bit of a ribbing for the fun of it.

It was obvious that the blonde was a little nervous, so Humphrey placed a hand on her shoulder giving it a squeeze. "I know you can do this. And it's called the come and go room because it only appears when people will it into place, the rest of the time it's simply a blank stretch of wall." Humphrey explained to her. Giving Lacey room to work now, he leaned back against the wall and relaxed. He knew she wasn't always the most confident person, but he really doubted she would have any trouble with the room because she seemed so smart and creative.

Walking over when she asked if it was working, Humphrey was pleased to see a door in front of her. "Well there's a door so my guess would be yes. Put your hand on the wall and push, Lacey." he instructed. Humphrey was curious to see what world she had imagined, but didn't want to rob her of opening the door for herself. The first time he'd done it he thought it was one of the coolest things he'd ever experienced, hands down.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Ackerman
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Lacey Ackerman

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Giving a confident shake, Shinra chuffed in a nonchalant manner in reply to Humphrey's question. He certainly didn't make a habit of taking his girl's desserts, but he couldn't help if she offered them to him.

After asking if there was a door at all, Lacey was surprised to hear that there really was one. Was it possible that she didn't need sight to make it work? Reaching out her hand as her friend instructed her to do, Lacey felt the wall had changed from the normal texture of the stone it normally was. Instead, she could feel a very ornate door that was certainly the door to the room they had been waiting for. Taking a deep breath, Lacey found the handle and gave the door a great shove to get it to open.

When she was certain it was open enough to allow them entrance, Lacey took a tentative step inside, allowing for enough room for her friend to follow. The floor had certainly changed as it didn't feel like cold stone any longer. Pausing for a moment, the blonde was sure she heard the sound of crickets and possibly flying bugs of some kind. "Um... Humphrey? What do you see?" she asked, hoping it was as beautiful to actually see as it was to read.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Hufflepuff 5th Year
Humphrey Williams

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 am

Curious as to what she had thought up, Humphrey followed Lacey into the room, his breath taken away by what he saw. There was a moon, fireflies dancing in the night, what almost looked like fairies, grass and flowers as well as a breeze to go along with it all. Quite simply it was beautiful, and he was in awe of how somebody who couldn't even see things herself could imagine all of this. He'd used the room before but it was always for simpler things, never something so detailed or incredible. When she asked him what he saw he didn't know where to begin.

"It's gorgeous Lacey, there's a moon and it's like we're in a meadow or something. Fireflies, flowers, fairies, the grass feels so real and of course the breeze is wonderful. Not to mention the stars...you really did an amazing job, Lacey." he told her quietly, not wanting to speak too loudly and ruin the magic of this place. This would be the perfect place to escape to if he ever needed to get away from it all, and he tried to memorize as much of it as he could so that he might be able to recreate it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lacey Ackerman
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Ravenclaw 1st Year
Lacey Ackerman

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 11:23 pm

The smile that touched Lacey's face was magical. As Humphrey told her what he saw in the room, she couldn't believe that it worked! The room knew what she was thinking even if she had never seen the moon or a meadow or anything else that her friend was seeing. The room knew what she wanted to see, and by thinking of that passage from her book, it had happened. A small glisten of happy tears brimmed in her bright eyes as she heard just how happy this scene made Humphrey and how well she had done. "I'm.... I'm glad you like it, Humphrey. It's from a favorite book of mine. I've.... I've never seen the things that you are seeing, but, seems the magic doesn't care," she said matching his volume to help keep the magic alive and undisturbed. "I was afraid it wasn't going to work..." the blonde admitted softly.

Closing her eyes as a gentle breeze brushed by, the smell of the flowers was amazing! Even if Lacey couldn't see what was all around them, her other senses we're painting a vivid picture for her. Hearing something like wings to their left, she turned her head slightly and listened. "What's that?" Lacey asked, pointing subtlety up and to their left. It sounded like a great bird of some kind. Her friend said there was a moon, which meant it was likely night... An owl maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Will We Find? (Lacey)   What Will We Find? (Lacey) Empty

Back to top Go down

What Will We Find? (Lacey)
Page 1 of 1