Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Weekend Adventures (Rowan)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

Weekend Adventures (Rowan) Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 pm

James was so excited, it was finally the weekend and as he woke in his dorm room he looked out the window to be met with a beautiful clear sky with a crisp feel in the air. Dressed in a dark pair of jeans, a well worn hooded top and a scarf matching the colours of his beloved Hufflepuff. With his hands firmly thrust into his jean pockets James walked around the grounds of the Castle, no matter how many times he had walked around he always found the sights around the Castle to be breathtaking. His favourite place to rest was down at the Black Lake, there was one tree in particular that he enjoyed sitting against as it gave him a view of the whole lake. As he sat against it he pulled a book that his Mother had given him before he came to school, one that he was now reading for the tenth time.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 am

The weekend! It was finally the weekend, and Rowan was more than ready for it. It had been a rather long and trying week of classes, and she was looking forward to do anything, anything at all, that did not deal with studies or homework or anything school work related! Dressing in a pair of dark wash jeans, a black peacoat covering a royal purple sweater, and her house scarf, the Gryffindor made a speedy exit from the castle and out to the grounds. Rowan didn't have any set plan of where she was off to, but she figured the lake might be a nice first stop. She always found the view to be wonderful as well as relaxing. Gripping a favorite book, unsure if she would read at all, that's just where she headed. As the lake came into view, the brunette immediately knew this was the perfect place to head to relax. Already she felt the tensions from the week start to lessen their grip on her. Not fully watching where she was going, having had her attention snagged by the hushed wing flaps of a stealthy hawk flying over the glassy surface of the lake, Rowan's foot hooked on something sending her tripping to the chilled ground. Glancing back at what she had tripped over, she blushed to find it was a boy's foot. "I am so sorry! I didn't see you there..." she said, completely embarrassed at her clumsy antics. "Are....uh..... Are you alright?" she asked with a friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 am

James was in his own personal heaven. The crisp air filling his lungs and even just the feeling of being out in the open was enough to make his full being joyous. Taking a look up at the glass like still water of the lake he exhaled heavily as a smile grew across his face. He began reading his book and slipped away into an almost daydream state as his mind saw images of brave warriors fighting against evil to defend their world and to save the beautiful princess, the kind of good hearted story that had been James’ favourite since he was able to pick up a book. He was suddenly snapped out of this state as he felt something drag across his leg ”What the...” he placed the book down and looked up to find a girl on the ground just beside him. ”Aye, I’m fine. You’re the one that took a spill, are you alright? he asked as he noticed the girls smile, a smile that felt genuine and made him smile back at her before getting to his feet and offering her his hand.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 3:02 pm

A twinkle flickered in Rowan's brown eyes when her ears heard his reply that he was fine, colored with a charming accent. Picking her book up from the foot or so from her where it landed when she fell, she chuckled softly. "Yeah.... Yeah, I'm fine," she replied, "Wasn't watching where I was going." Looking up, Rowan's eyes lingered on his extended hand as he offered to help her up. Bringing her happy look up to his face, the lioness' smile brightened a bit as she slipped her petite hand into his. "Thank you," she said as she got to her feet. "I really am sorry for tripping over you. I was too busy looking at that hawk," Rowan said pointing out over the lake towards where the bird was with the hand that wasn't being held by his. Seeing it was gone, she dropped relaxed her arm and sighed. "Guess he's gone..." she muttered softly.
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Hearing that the girl who had fallen over was alright made James feel happy, he was glad that his gangly legs hadn't caused her any pain. Feeling the soft hand of the Gryffindor in his James gently proceeded to pull her to her feet "There we go" he said with a smile plastered across his face as his bright blue eyes met hers. His look lingered for a moment and was only broken when he heard the girls reason for not noticing him. "Really, it's nae bother." he began as he took a look at where she had been pointing "Maybe the wee fella got a fright when you fell?" he offered an explination. Noticing he still had her hand in his he gently shook it "The name's James by the way, James Serpantine" his smile beeming even bigger.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 am

Chuckling softly, Rowan gave a small nod. "Maybe..." she said, though she doubted that the bird took much notice of her. Feeling him shake her hand, the brunette looked back at him and replied, "I'm Rowan, Rowan Noble. It's nice to meet you, James." She liked his accent and his smile. James had something about him that just made Rowan feel happy. She didn't know exactly what it was, but it didn't matter. "I don't remember seeing you in class. Are you a fourth year?" Rowan offered, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before letting it go and joining it with the other holding her book in front of her.
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 7:51 am

Feeling Rowan return his shake James smiled at her ”lovely name for a lovely lady” he stated before her could realise what he had said. He admittedly noticed how attractive Rowan was but he tried to put that aside as he talked to her. Chuckling as she asked if he was from fourth year James replied. ”Nah, just a wee fresh faced baby third year”. How about you? As he felt the gentle squeeze on his hand James’ eyes were drawn to where the two hands had met, as Rowans hand left his it lingered for a moment before the Scot slipped it inside the pocket of his jeans.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Lovely name for a lovely lady.... The boy's compliment brought a subtle blush to Rowan's cheeks. "Thank you," she replied, letting her eyes link with his for a moment that brought the same twinkle as before back to them. He certainly was charming, no doubt about that. Hearing James answer that he was a year behind her, Rowan tipped her head slightly. James looked a bit older than that... At least to her... But really, age and year didn't matter. "Huh.... You seem older," she said softly. "I'm a forth year," the Gryffindor replied when he inquired about her year in school. "Um.... Might I join you under your tree? It's too nice a day to be inside," Rowan asked, a touch of shyness creeping over her, which was highly unusual for her. She didn't want to impose, but James seemed like a nice enough fellow who might not mind her company. Rowan also found herself hoping that he would accept.
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 7:10 pm

A bright smile was brought to the Scots face to hear Rowan accept his compliment. "Yer welcome, hen." His strong accent covered every word coming from his mouth. James let out a light chuckle as Rowan told him she expected him to be older, he had always been told by the people in his Village back home that he looked older than he was so this revelation was something he had become used to. "Nah, just a wee baba. Well, ah could say the opposite tae you young lass." a tinge of red spread to James' cheeks as soon as he had paid the Gryffindor the compliment, "STUPID JAMES! STUPID!" he screamed in his head before being snapped out of his internal struggle by the girls question. He quickly shifted himself to create enough space for Rowan to sit beside him "Sure, it is a bit lonely oot here sometimes." he informed her as he smiled softly at her.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Rowan had never been called 'hen' by anyone before. While she didn't know what it meant, she was touched that he said it. Maybe it was just his accent.... Whatever it was, Jelames just made her fell comfortable and happy. Rowan couldn't help but bring a hand to her mouth to hide the small chuckle that his statement and blush brought from her. When he commented that she looked younger than she was, the lioness wasn't surprised. She had often been thought to be younger than she was. Rowan believed it had something to do with how small she had been when she was born. Whether that was true or not, she didn't know. Seeing James make room for her, Rowan returned his smile with a shy one of her own, and sat beside him. "Sometimes... But it's a nice place to just get away, too. Not many people come here," she said, setting her book in her lap and drawing her knees up to rest her chin on them, her arms wrapped around her legs. "Your accent.... Scottish, right?" she inquired of the boy. She'd heard similar ones before, but none quite like his. "It's charming," she said with a soft smile, turning her head so she could see him, letting her bright brown eyes lingered on his face, maybe a moment or two longer than she meant to, before looking away.
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm

James was happy to have gained someone who was happy to sit with him outside. Ever since he came to the School he had made a few friends but all of them would rather spend their weekend stuck indoors than out exploring the world around them and enjoying the fresh air they were surrounded by. As Rowan sat next to him James felt his heart rate pick up a couple of pips, how was it that someone like her would be talking to him? "It's a great getaway. It reminds me of home tae." he smiled as he looked out over the long body of water. "Aye, well spotted." James looked over at the Gryffindor before continuing "I come fae up near Loch Lomond. And what aboot yours? English?" He noticed the ring in her accent but couldn't place where abouts he knew it from. "Ta!" He replied with a slight blush as she referred to his accent as charming
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 11:51 pm

Rowan let out a content sigh when James mentioned that the view reminded him of home. "Me, too..." she said in an almost dreamy fashion as she looked out over the water. Her home was surrounded by forest, but there were some bodies of water tucked away among the trees. She had really never given it much thought, but perhaps that was why she liked it here so much. It brought home just a little closer. Bringing her focus back to the boy, Rowan smiled when he confirmed that she had gotten his accent correct. "I've 'eard it's quite beautiful up tha. Never been myself, but I'd like to some day," she said in reply. She could only image the beauty of the well known lake. One day.... She would get there one day. When James asked about her accent and if it was English, Rowan's eyes twinkled as she nodded. "Yes, Sir. I'm from Witfield in Northumberland," she replied. "So.... How are you likingg Hogwarts, James?" the Gryffindor asked. She was still surprised that she felt this twinge of shyness in the pit of her stomach. She wasn't the shy type... But this boy.... There was something about him....
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 pm

James was shocked when Rowan told him that the Black Lake also reminded her of home, he thought it was nice to have someone he could talk to that appreciated the same beauty of this place that he did. Smiling at the Gryfindor James asked "So, whats home like? If you don't mind me asking." With his face beaming with pride James closed his eyes and answered the girls statement "Aww Rowan, it's the most beautiful place in the world. There's loads of grassy hills around the Loch that all part at the bottom of it to leave just enough space for ma wee Village. There's a nice wee docking area where people take oot their boats and sail on the Loch all day or go visit one of the wee Islands. It's... It's just beautiful." As he finished his description James opened his eyes to find them fixed on Rowan's face and he felt a strong fluttering of butterflies in his stomach before letting out a nervous cough and looking away. "Ma maw had a pal that got married tae a guy fae doon near there. Sure he was fae Durham... He keeps arguing it's more beautiful than Balloch!" He replied to being told where Rowan was from. "Ach, it's alright. Better than school back hame for sure. Just seem to be too many people wanting tae just stick with their pals... It can be quite lonely at times for such a big place." He told Rowan as he thought about all the people he had spoken to and tried to become good friends with to no avail. "How about you? You enjoing it?"
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:30 am

Smiling and nodding that it was fine that he asked her about home, Rowan sighed as she looked out over the lake, picturing home. "Well... It's a small village, but the scenery is lovely," she began. "Ma family lives a little ways away from the main village, in the mountains that are nearby. We have a nice little place surrounded by the woods and everythingg it holds," she ended with a sigh, missing home but also choosing what she revealed carefully. She had only met this boy and she didn't want to alarm him about her family. Rowan liked that they already shared the love of the lake and the thoughts of home it brings them. "In the springg, the entire area is covered in lush green grass and flowers. It's almost magical...." she added, almost dreamily. Closing her eyes to envision James' home as he described it, the Gryffindor smiled sweetly. It did sound beautiful. A nice pairing to her own home. "It sounds lovely, James," she replied in a hushed tone, turning to glance at him. Letting out a musical laugh at the joke about Durham's beauty trumping Balloch, Rowan shrugged, "From what you say, it sounds like we are evenly matched with beauty when it comes to our homes." Letting the same happy laugh sound to carry on the air over the lake, the animals nearby stilled at the sound. Rowan wasn't a threat to them, but the sound of one like her so near put the creatures a tad on alert for the moment. As the laugh vanished, the animals continued with whatever it was they were doing prior. Nodding in agreement, Rowan sighed. "I understand. I was schooled at home before comingg here, so I don't really have a comparison, but I do understand the groups that kind of stick to their own," she said, letting her knees fall to the sides, allowing her to sit cross legged. "Surely you've made some friends, though, so you aren't alone all the time," the brunette inquired gently. "With so many people in the school, sometimes it's hard to find just wha you...." she began and paused before finishing, "Wha you belongg..." While Rowan was a very friendly girl, even she had a hard time finding a close circle of friends. She had lots, but none that she allowed as close as say.... A best friend or friends who are close enough to be family. Really, she wasn't sure if she'd ever have friends like that, and while it wasn't a big deal, Rowan did hope to one day maybe have one friend that she could be completely honest with. Honest about everything...
Back to top Go down
James Serpantine
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
Hufflepuff 3rd Year
James Serpantine

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Hearing the way Rowan talked about where she came from brought a smile to James' face. He always loved hearing people who were passionate about something because they would always be able to put across the true beauty about the place they came from. Sighing slightly he let a smile grow across his face "It sounds beautiful Rowan... More so that I thought." Being Scottish there was always a built in friendly rivalry between Scotland and England, one that James rarely admitted to be even. "Thanks..." A slight blush lit his cheeks as he smiled "For me it's one of the most beautiful places in the world. Just like yours sounds..." Hearing the girls laugh made James happy, he was totally oblivious to the effects it had on the animals near by. It just made him smile to know Rowan was happy. As she mentioned that she had been home schooled James nodded "That must have been tough... Going from having no group of friends to being here." James looked deeply into Rowan's eyes. "Yeah, I made friends. But they all want to just do their own thing..." he sighed. The Scot simply nodded as Rowan said that it was hard to find where you belong in a place with so many people. It really had been, James met a few friends he could talk to but no really close friends which made him miss home.
Back to top Go down
Rowan Nobel
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Rowan Nobel

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am

Rowan giggled at James' admittance to his not thinking her home would be as lovely as she made it seem. "It certainly is," she replied, dreamily, "Guess we both live in lands of beauty, huh?" Just talking about home made the brunette miss it, but at the same time, she was happy to be at school. Hearing James talk about how hard it might have been to transition from home to school, Rowan looked over and locked eyes with him. In that moment, her thoughts became fuzzy and she lost what she was about to say. Giving her head a slight shake to bring her thoughts back, and break the look she shared with James, Rowan shrugged. "It wasn't so bad, actually. My brothers and I are pretty close. The only time it was rough was when they were all 'ere and I was tha. But, it is nice to be 'ere..." letting her thought drift off, she was a bit surprised to hear that James didn't seem to have any close friends either. For whatever reason, it truly bothered her. "But.... You have friends who like to do the same thinggs as you, right?" Rowan asked, concern not hidden at all in her voice and on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Adventures (Rowan)   Weekend Adventures (Rowan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Page 1 of 1