Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Behind the mask...(Anita)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Behind the mask...(Anita) Empty
PostSubject: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:49 am

Talos decided he wanted to go see Anita, it had come to his attention his want to see her was more of a need he couldn't quite understand that. It made him chuckle behind the steeled mask of his, he put on one of his best masks, it looked nice. He liked to look nice before her. Though, he didn't make that too obvious. He was dressed as sharp as always, his hood up over the mask, like normal, the mask, clean and strangely, worked. He used to knock on her door, but, now he didn't bother. He spent a lot of time with her. To the point where Reaper made it a hobby of limiting that time without being a total dick, which was hard for him, so Talos didn't mind.

He came into the pre-office before checking she was alone, she was, before opening the door and walking in. Closing it and locking the door behind him, his footsteps are as silent as usual. He walked to her desk and sat in front of her. If she hadn't of noticed by now, he'd probably laugh, although he doubted she didn't. He sat calmly and looked at her.

The Mask:
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 am

Anita's quill was quick as it moved across the page. She had received an influx of correspondence regarding a situation that the Order had stepped in on a few days prior, and her interest had become heightened as to what actually occurred. With her focus often on the school and the way it was run, she found that she left much of the responsibility of the Order to one of her higher ranks that did not work at the school. These letters were not from him, but concerned members of the public, as well as other Order members. The letter that she was writing, though, was to Horus and she hoped that he would be able to shed more light on the events further than 'a concerning fight' or 'a peculiar occurrence'. Of course, she had been made aware of a mass murder in the Leaky Cauldron not long after the events, but had stupidly believed that the Aurors would have had it under control.

She heard the quiet entrance of someone to her office, and presumed that it was one of the few people who frequented it. By the time she was signing her name, she knew who was seated opposite her, but did not say anything in the way of greying greeting or acknowledgement until her letter was folded, sealed in a heavy envelope and attached to her owl's leg. Then, she sat down behind her desk and raised her pale blue gaze to the masked man. "Hello Talos," she said, smiling softly, "I wasn't aware that you were coming today."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:01 am

Talos looked her in they eye and rested in the chair comfortably, he shifted slightly and nodded. "I didn't say I would, however, doesn't mean I can't be spontaneous does it?" he said calmly. "That and I was restless, I tend to be after several people decide its a good idea to decapitate me." he held up a piece of fabric with the orders symbol on it. "Achilles Grimm, one of yours. Make sure he gets his little emblem back, I assume you heard about the battle? Although, I'd rather not discuss it considering we stand on separate sides. What I do wish to talk about is, what happened at the ball." he said before pausing, placing his hands back on the arms of the chair, shifting again, then continuing.

"When we were at the ball, I, without being mistaken, actually felt some form of humanity inside me. Which would be a first for me, and that was down to you. I'm not particularly sure how to define it Anita. Yet I understand it. Strange hmm?" he stood from his seat very quickly before walking past her to stand behind her, looking out the window. "Odd, you'd think that a man of my age and love for learning, that I'd know more about myself and my emotions. Yet, I do not. You'd think I'd be perceptive or...empathetic...but of course I am not." he let out a deep sighed and rested his masked head against the cold glass.

"I have often dreamed of a far off place where I belong, where my family lived, my friends, my clan members existed. A place where I feel that I belong. A place of my own, a land where I am free to live how I see fit. Without judgment, without the constant turmoil or danger. Where my mask is not needed. Yet...this place has never existed. Its an odd to feeling to know that you don't belong in the time your in. I'm not like Reaper or Legion, Averbane or any other ancient being I know, they all belong, they have purpose and cause. Yet. I am different. I dodged out of death by becoming a Vampire. Doomed to walk the earth for an eternity." he said, his calm demeanor completely dropped. He seemed like he was unsure how he felt, he soon slumped down against her desk, besides her. He rested his masked face in his hands before sighing. "Sorry, that was a uncontrolled outburst of unregulated emotions. Sorry." he seemed to settle after that, still remaining against her desk. He then laughed dryly "And how are youuuu?"
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 pm

"Of course," Anita replied with a nod, actually rather pleased that he had come to see her. It had been a long day, and it would be nice to actually do something enjoyable with it. Her eyes narrowed slightly, however when Talos mentioned that he had been involved in the very conflict that she was writing about. She plucked the piece of fabric from his fingers and frowned slightly, before placing it on her desk. "So you were there?" she said, disappointment clear in her tone, though she knew that such conflicts of interest would occur at some point. He had spoken true- they stood on different sides.

The woman listened as Talos spoke, hiding her surprise that for once he didn't seem calm and collected. It was different to their other conversations, as previously he had spoken almost as though it were from a script, or reciting a history book. This time he spoke with emotio, and although she found herself feeling a little sad that he felt that way, she was glad that he had opened up to her.

"I.. am quite well," she answered, looking up at him where he stood next to her. Anita reached out, taking his hand in her own and smiled, "don't apologise for showing your emotions, Talos. I have no idea how it must be for you, but I know it would be.. difficult." She didn't know what else to say in regard to his outburst, and so she didn't speak further on it, and instead gently squeezed his hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:55 am

Talos held her hand gently, before looking into her eyes "I...I...I don't know." he said with an odd calmness. "I just don't know anymore. Usually I'm composed and relaxed, but now I am confused, unsettled. Its unlike me...its incredibly infuriating. I don't know how to comprehend it." he sighed deeply. "Maybe I need time to pause. Stop being the man I am and be the one I want to be. If I had a choice, I wouldn't be on the side of the Death Eaters, I'd much rather stand on your side. The man I am, and the man I want to be are similar yet the same."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:22 am

"Why don't you have a choice?" Anita asked, frowning slightly, "there is always a choice. I have spent my whole life being told to be one way, but I know that I can't please everyone, so I will instead aim to please myself." It was a difficult time in Anita's life when she decided that she would not be an Auror as she had always planned, but instead decided to pursue a career in Potions instead. Not quite as severe as the choices that Talos had, but hard ones none the less. Another had been when she realised that she didn't want to be with David. She hadn't wanted to hurt her brother, but she knew that she needed to do what was best for her above all. "I think I like seeing that there are emotions behind that mask, though," she continued, smiling softly though she was being completely serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:32 am

"I have been sired, my sire, Reaper, has the ability to control me. I have all choice taken from me, a mistake I made lead to this, a choice I have to live by" he said seemingly annoyed, "I don't get emotions, I turn them off. Vampires can do that you see, its rare I let them run amok."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 am

"Oh.. so you can't change your mind at all," she said, chewing on her lip. She had always been certain of yet loyalties, and she was sure that they would never change. She did not agree with what the Death Eaters stood for, but so long as she didn't learn of Talos harming an innocent, then she could look past his loyalties.. just. "You do that? I don't understand why anybody would choose not to feel anything. Emotions are one of the best parts of life, though also one of the worst. But the good is worth it, I think."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 am

"I can but he can stop me, he can kill me, I don't have the luxury of choice anymore. I lost that the day he changed me. Said he was doing me a favor. He wasn't" he said sadly. "Its better than feeling the torrent of emotion that I do, I can't comprehend it. However, when I am near you, I can't turn them off. They're always on round you."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:18 am

Anita didn't know whether to smile or frown at his admittance, though she found that the later was much easier than the former given their current conversation. "So I bring out something that you hate?" she asked, pretty sure that she understood but wanting to make sure. Though rather empathetic, she did not feel that making any presumptions with Talos would do her any good. Besides, she reminded herself, a small smirk appearing on her lips, I'm the headmistress, and he is the student..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 9:45 am

Talos didn't move nor speak for an incredible amount of time. Before he responded. "Yes. Yes you do. I feel no anger around you, I am not hidden inside a cocoon of hate and anger." he sighed. "I feel...happy...I suppose"
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 am

Anita felt a light blush come over her cheeks as Talos didn’t respond for quite a while. Perhaps her question has returned him to his usual emotional state, though soon enough he did speak. “I don’t understand why you hate to feel happiness,” the blonde said, chewing gently on her lower lip, “it’s one of the best things about living.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 am

Talos looked at her, "I don't hate happiness. I don't understand it. Its been a long time since I felt it...So its hard to comprehend. Its like...being given a item with no obvious way to use it..."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 am

It was a rather sad thing that someone had not felt happiness in so long. Though she had not lived for as long as he had, she could even imagine a life without joy, and happiness, and love- as cliché as it seemed. It was simply how she had been raised, and in turn how she had continued to live her life. “I suppose that makes some kind of sense,” she said, her tone showing the slight sadness that she felt, “I keep thinking about how difficult it must be, being that way and so young. I suppose I forget that you’re as old as you are.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:50 am

"If you want I can where a sticker with my age on it?" he said with a chuckle. "On the serious side, its hard to understand happiness as I don't understand it..."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:58 am

Anita pressed her lips together, though quickly burst out laughing. After the seriousness of their conversation, she found it very amusing for Talos to joke with her. She then reached out with her free hand, and with slight hesitation traced her fingertips over the cheek of the mask that covered his face and asked, “could you wear a sticker with your expression on it as well?” Though it was a continuation of his joke, she was also a little serious in the sense that sometimes it was hard to know what he was thinking, and even more difficult without being able to see his face. “Maybe if you allow yourself to experience it.. even just a little, you would learn to understand it again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:09 am

"I'll make some signs and hold them up when my mood changes" he said calmly, his hand overlapping hers, holding it, but not removing it from the mask. "I think...maybe you're right."
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:41 am

Anita smiled, looking back at him with soft eyes as she felt the cool of his hand over hers. She sometimes tried to tell herself that the things that she was feeling for the Slytherin were wrong, but she knew that it wasn't true. Perhaps he was a student, but he wasn't a minor by far. Maybe he was a Death Eater, but she had not heard of him harming anybody innocent. And she was sure that David would have plenty to say when he found out, but she couldn't bring herself to care. Her teeth worried her lip for a moment before she spoke, "I want to kiss you, Talos, but I can't even see your face."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 am

Talos looked at her for a moment and made a decision, he took her other hand and placed it on his mask, he tilted his head slightly and reached up and removed his hood. He looked at her as he undid the straps that held the masks inplace "I do not wear the masks to hide my face because I am deformed. I wear the mask because its who I am. We believe that the face is a lie, the only truth comes from the eyes. So we cover our face with a mask that shows what we are, and leave our eyes to tell them who we are." he let go of her hands so she could take it off when she was ready. Although he face wasn't badly scared, it still had a scar that rang along his face, as well as another on his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 am

Anita hadn’t known what she had expected him to say when she spoke, and though a part of her had though that maybe he would allow her to see his face, she hadn’t actually believed that he would. And so, with her hands holding the mask in place as he unfastened it, she listened as Talos explained the reasoning behind it. Though, she wanted to disagree with the sentiment, she realised that perhaps he was right. His face, or lack thereof, in her mind had made no impact on the way that she saw him, and maybe it was a good point. That one’s face meant little to who they were. Anita took a slow breath as her eyes remained on his, and she hooked her fingertips around the edge of the mask, pulling it away. After a moment, she allowed her gaze to wander and take in the plains of his face, noting the scars though easily seeing past them. “It’s strange,” she admitted, returning her gaze to his eyes with a small smile, “after so long, I had no idea what to expect..” Then, as she had said she wanted to, she returned her hand to his cheek and softly, but firmly pressed her lips against his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 am

Talos grinned. "I'd say looks can be deceiving...but I always wear a ma-" her kiss cut him off before he could finish he was startled but didn't mind. After by startled by her kissing him, his arms wrapped round her as he closed his eyes and kissed her back. When they broke apart her rested his forehead on hers and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:15 am

Anita waited for a few moments, not moving away despite him not responding immediately. It wasn’t a harsh kiss, or even long, but when her lips moved away from his, she found herself smiling and flushing a little. She had wanted to kiss him for a while, but there had always been something stopping her, but now that she had she thought that her previous reasons had been unfounded. “What were you saying?” she asked quietly, realising that she had cut him off in the middle of a sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 am

Talos nudged her gently "I hardly think it matters..." he whispered. His arms locking round her. "However, I was just saying, that since I wore a mask, that the phrase looks can be deceiving wouldn't hold much weight..." He smiled faintly as he held her close to him. "Anita...?" he asked calmly, he'd seemingly regained his composure "I think, despite our side of magic, that this is a good thing we have...Either way...I know I won't let you get hurt"
Back to top Go down
Anita Moore
Headmistress
Headmistress
Anita Moore

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:02 am

Anita laughed lightly, shaking her head, "that's true." She thought that Talos had a nice smile. It wasn't overstated, or anything like that, and she doubted that he did it often, but it was something that she would like to have seen more often. She watched his eyes as he spoke, and although she agreed with him when he said that what they had.. whatever it was.. was a good thing, there was something that she wondered. "I don't know if that is something you can be certain of," she said, her tone a little lighter than the topic called for, "if Reaper told you to, you would hurt me yourself..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind the mask...(Anita)   Behind the mask...(Anita) Empty

Back to top Go down

Behind the mask...(Anita)
Page 1 of 1