Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Little taste of paradise (open) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Little taste of paradise (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

Little taste of paradise (open) Empty
PostSubject: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 9:17 am

Arlene had finally gotten away from the Ireland Vampire clan, having finished all the work she needed to do there for her second in command. The smell and sounds of New Orleans was blissful. The jazz music reminded her of the 1940s and it was a memory she has actually willing to resurface. Her first night dancing was a magical but painful night, it was liberating but saddening and for some reason, Arlene was okay with them coming back. (Read this to understand: The Young Life.) Arlene leaned against a home of someone she knew and peeked through the window with a cheeky grin. ''Marie!'' She called out, extending the 'e' and an old woman burst outside, crying out in joy at the appearance of Arlene before smacking her upside the head. ''Where you been woman? I been worried sick! My poor old heart can't handle such worry you silly woman!'' She exclaimed and Arlene simply laughed. ''I am back now, my sweet. How 'bout I make some gumbo to celebrate and share?'' She suggested like they used to do and began to make the gumbo, the smell of it filling the streets as Marie began calling out for people to come. Arlene plated up, handing out the bowls from the window with a bright smile and turned around to fill more bowls up. Hoping more people came to taste her wonderful chicken gumbo, just a little taste of New Orleans Paradise as she sang along with the jazz music.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Abhorsen

Gaia Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:22 am

Gaia had never been one to stay in the same place for too long, and while she intended to be there when her older sister was released from her cage she had known that she needed to get away. Although there were many places in Europe where she could have easily gone, most of them were places in which she worked. This trip was for herself, and so she had travelled to The States. It wasn’t as thought she liked it better in the ‘land of the free’, but she did like to get away from the places that she held commands. She held armies on both the east and west coasts of Northern America, but Louisiana was free of anybody whom would recognise her- or so she planned.

One of the few things that Gaia had yet to accept about being a vampire was the fact that she did not need to eat. Occasionally she would do it anyway, and although it did not hurt her, it made little difference to the way that she felt. More often than not in her travels, she would purchase local food and simply sit down somewhere and enjoy the smells. Smell was something that she loved about being a vampire, and smells were almost as good for the soul as taste in her opinion. She was standing in a line, preparing to be served a particular cuisine that smells divine. Perhaps she would even eat it, rather than simply smell it. Reaching out to take a bowl, her hand paused as she examine the woman who had handed it to her. After a few moments, she continued with her action, having easily recognised what she was, but she didn’t feel the need to say anything as the woman seemed to be doing nothing wrong. “Thank you,” Gaia said, bringing the bowl to herself and smiling, “it smells wonderful.”
Back to top Go down
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:27 am

Arlene was wiggling her hips to the music, finally feeling relaxed enough to get out of her little bubble but then a familiar smell hit her. Vampire. She had never been able to explain that scent but it felt dark, this one had an earthy twinge that made her feel relaxed. She handed over the bowl, confused as to why she'd eat such a thing and she leaned over to Marie. ''Finish plating up. I must speak with someone. Then you eat yourself, you're wasting away!'' The plump woman scowled, swatting her friend again despite how tough she was and Arlene jumped down from the steps. ''Who are you and what are you doing here?'' She asked the fellow vampire, furrowing her brow with tense muscles.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Abhorsen

Gaia Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 am

Gaia did not remain in front of the window, moving out of the way so that others could get through. She found a spot very close by, though, that was a little less crowded, and she picked up the spoon and brought a mouthful of the food to her lips. She was about to take a bite, not quite satisfied with just the smell, when the woman who had handed her the bowl appeared in front of her. She knew instantly that she’d been caught out, and so she placed the spoon back into the bowl and offered a polite smile. “I am called Gaia,” she replied, “I am a tourist who simply wanted to taste some of the local food. I meant no offence.”
Back to top Go down
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:39 am

Arlene looked around the area, where people and their children danced and laughed to the music and she climbed onto a bench, sitting on the backrest of it. ''You're a vampire.'' She then breathed deeply before tilting her head in surprise at the ancient smell that emitted from her. ''I am simply surprised. Not many people come here because of it being just a small poor town. I apologize. I did not introduce myself. I'm Arlene. Arlene Proctor. Captain from the world wars. Betrayed in the first, turned in the first and fought in both. Definitely willing to fight in the third.'' She said, a beaming smile forming on her lips as she got comfortable in the woman's presence because she didn't pose a threat.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Abhorsen

Gaia Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 am

Gaia turned to face the woman once more, though she did not seat herself as well. She had spent far too long sitting on the plane- a contraption that she still found quite confronting- and was happy enough on her feet. “I am,” Gaia replied, “as are you.” It was not hard to tell when a vampire walked among one of their own kind, but it was difficult to know for sure if the other vampire could be trusted. Gaia, however, had a habit of trusting her gut, and she was almost never wrong with it. “I much prefer small towns,” Gaia replied, finding it quite easy to talk to the woman, “there is less of a chance of running into the people I hope to avoid. Not enemies, but people who have sworn themselves to me. They are almost everywhere, and occasionally I like to be just Gaia. Not commander or ma’am. Sometimes it gets old.” The woman’s description of herself sparked Gaia’s interest, but she needed to remind herself that she was there for fun and that she was not supposed to be exploring possible recruits. “I do recognise your name,” Gaia said with a smile, “your reputation precedes you.”
Back to top Go down
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 am

Arlene nodded her head in confirmation. ''Aye, Ma'am. England and Ireland are under my protection. Scotland a little bit and Wales not so much. Parts of America also.'' She said, her accent becoming stronger by the second. She was from Brooklyn whilst her father was from Texas so she had a mix of the two even after all these years. ''Aye. I do like the smaller places, you know everyone then. I've known most of these people since they were babies. Few vamps come through here so you have nothing to worry about. Apologies if I call you, Ma'am. It's a habit I can't break out of.'' Arlene beamed in pride at Gaia knowing who she was. ''I do hope so. I've done a lot to make that reputation. I was known as a miracle worker back in those days, making potions for some soldiers to give 'em luck but only to few or it'd be suspicious. I ain't having the ministry on my back. Bunch of lazy fucks.'' Arlene grumbled to herself, breathing in the scent of her gumbo and she grinned over at Gaia.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Abhorsen

Gaia Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:17 am

Gaia noticed Arlene’s accent growing stronger, and she wondered if the woman hid it partially as some kind of defence. Her own original accent was hidden, as she spoke with an English one now. She did not wish to pretend that she lived somewhere, but she knew the British Isles well enough to be able to pass as a member of them. When she returned to her home land, she easily reverted to her mother tongue and the accent that went along with it. “I find it difficult to remember the way that things are now,” Gaia admitted, “sometimes I refer to those areas as the Roman Empire in my mind. Never mind the fact that they have not been for centuries now. This change so much. The world lacks manners now, which I find difficult to adapt to.” Realising that she had left the course of their conversation, she shook her head and smiled again. “Of course,” she replied, “the Ministry would not be open to sharing figurative wizarding wealth with muggles. I remember before the ministry was established. They would never admit it, but things were much better in many ways without them.”
Back to top Go down
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 am

Arlene tilted her head at the strange vampire before her, trying to figure out why the name Gaia tingled at her brain. It was bothering her greatly. ''Aye, It is a shame that the world has become ruder. But I suppose that is where we come in. To remind the world that history is important seeing as we lived it. I always tell the newborns stories of the wars so they know it from the get go.'' She admitted and took a deep breath that was not needed, another habit that she was forcing herself out of. ''How old are you?'' Arlene questioned, having only thought to ask when she mentioned centuries. ''I wish I could've seen such a thing. I know in the place I was born, we refused the law of the ministry. Preferring good old american laws. However, they managed to get themselves wrapped around the Government.''
Back to top Go down
Gaia Abhorsen

Gaia Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:41 am

“That’s true,” she admitted, nodding her in agreement, “I find myself often scolding younger vampires for their lack of etiquette. It’s getting rather frustrating rather fast. But one can only continue, and hopefully one day they’ll listen.” When she was first turned, she had to be much more careful than vampires today did. Covering her tracks and ensuring that she didn’t leave a trail of bodies behind her. It was especially important as she tried to recruit muggle legions to her force as well. People would not follow someone who was also harming them. “I’ve been told that asking a woman her age is impolite,” she teased before answering, “my 17th millennia turns this coming November. If there is a party, I’ll be sure to send you an invite.” Gaia pursed her lips in distaste and nodded, “the Ministry does not care is one wishes to follow them. They manage to take over almost everywhere. There are very few of us left who are above their reach.”
Back to top Go down
Jason Eucliffe
Slytherin 7th Year
Slytherin 7th Year
Jason Eucliffe

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Arlene nodded with a light laugh and rested her head on the palm of her head, tapping her foot to the music. ''The old master of the Irish Coven would kill those who lacked etiquette just because he didn't have time to teach them etiquette.'' She said with a shake of her head at the memory of the vampire. ''Apologises, Ma'am. Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.'' She pointed out teasingly but her jaw almost dropped at the age of the vampire in front of her. ''I'd hope so! I love a good party.'' After a few moments, she froze and glanced over at Gaia. ''What do you mean? A few of us above their reach?''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little taste of paradise (open)   Little taste of paradise (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Little taste of paradise (open)
Page 1 of 1